Saturday, May 05, 2007

Wow... its been what, 1 year since i last come to my own blog... see... said i'm never good at keeping up with such things... 3 posts in 4 years... not bad huhz.. hahaz. Well, but with inspiration from my good friend Alvin Lee, after seeing his blog, i thought of visiting my own blog and realized how pathetic it is... so i decided to add some life to it...
Steps to take, first i think i'd have to get a better camera... currently i'm using what my friends refer to as the "brick," a digital camera dating back to 2000... antique...
Hmmz... so what has happened over the past few years? well... graduated from university, joined the army, completed the officer training and commissioned as a 2nd Lieutanant, posted to a battalion as Coy 2IC, and now undergoing an advance officer course. Yupz... guess that sumz it up... nothing much happened really...

Went to my Battalion's anniversary after my course today and it was good to see everyone again after being away for more than a month. It also happened to be the ORD function for my men, the special group of people who i trained and have trained with over the past 6 months. Seeing them all going their own ways now was a bitter sweet moment. Happy that they are taking their next steps in life, yet sad that everyone is parting and going their own ways. As hugs and words of gratitude were exchanged, it made me think back on what i have done over the past 6 months, all i can say is not too bad for a start, but i guess whether i had done well or not will be left to my men to decide. However, the touching moments have once again strengthened my reasons on why i endured through the arduous trainings to become an officer. It is to be part of the change in others, to be part of the process of their metamorphosis.
So to my men, congratulations on your ORD! and thanks for all the memories and love!




No comments: