Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Changes of the city

Back from the bowing ceremony again. Everytime I'm up there, it feels different. Last week, it was mainly mental, dealing with the boredom of continuously bowing and fighting sleepiness. This week, its the test of the physical - sinuses, leg pains and back aches... Yet by the end of the 3rd day, I was feeling great! I wonder what next week will be like... Lolz

Apart from bowing, things were pretty Fun up there! And I'm always making more new friends! On Friday, after all the bowing, I went to the boys school to study with the students. We did more chatting than studying actually.

Saturday (Day 2), after dinner, the boys were playing frisbee in the courtyard and it got stuck in a tree, and everyone was like grabbing fallen branches to throw to get the frisbee back. It was the same exact scene 3 years ago just with different people now. I looked at Nakula and said "Some things never change..." and he responded by saying "Welcome to the City of Ten Thousand Buddhas... " Lolz!

At night, I got invited to watch movies with the boys school - just like the old days! Only difference is that now they've got a projector screen. Back then, the whole school used to crowd in front of a small TV... We watched "Lions for Lambs" and "August Rush". The 1st movie wasn't that good, but August Rush is pretty good! Good music too!

Sunday (Day 3), got to study with some of the students again. And half way during our study and chats, Mr. K, one of the teacher pops up and insists that we weren't studying at all and after that short reprimand, disappears again. Lolz... Mr. K is like the discipline master of the school, seems to pop up everywhere just to drop words of reprimand to make you feel guilty and then disappears again. What a character! Lolz... But then again, without people like him, school's gonna be so boring... and although I'm not a student of the school, whenever I see him, I feel guilty too... Lolz... How interesting.

Also got to know a new friend - Frank, who's dad, Simon, is an old disciple of the founder Master Hsuan Hua. He was telling me that the last time he was in Cttb was 15 years ago when he was just a little kid, and that things have changed alot... So I guess there are some changes... mostly structural though. The people are still pretty much the same I guess Lolz. When I told Simon what I was studying, he immediately mentioned the 藥性賦 commented by Master Hua!Its so weird coz I was just talking to DM Heng Chih and Heng Liang about it the day before and just got approved to start on it. Maybe its a sign that its about time...

Gave my bro Andrew his birthday present this morning after breakfast! He showed up slightly late for ceremony after. I thought that he had overslept. Found out later that he was busy unwrapping the present! Lolz... what a kid.. hahaz... So adorable worx Andrew! hahaz...

Pic: My brothers Andrew and Charly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaa, you must have wrapped that thing pretty well! XD

True though, even though there are physical changes, there's something in the atmosphere and the character of the place that doesn't :)

Back to schoolwork eh? Hope you didn't let it pile up like last time!! XD