Monday, May 19, 2008

Blessing

Had an extraordinary day today! Went back to meet Luang Por Prasert and met many familiar faces there - some schoolmates who heard about him, and of course David Williams my buddy. Also met Amdee there! She was the one who translated for me during my session with Luang Por Jumnian.

Got a really good healing. When I just sat down before him, Luang Por asked about my accident. I was shocked. It was only my 2nd day knowing him. He gave me some healing with his hands and also invited me to visit his monastery in Thailand to learn about healing. Later, I even became the scribe for the translator, writing prescriptions to people, and taking notes for my own knowledge. At the end of the day, Luang Por also gave me a gift, the candle he used to channel his energy through. It was originally straight but melted into that shape. In thailand, people would have fought to get their hands on these things. I've basically gotten hold of a Babylonian Candle! Lolz (If you're not sure what that is, watch Star Dust! =P)

And everyone was given tough tasting prescriptions like peppercorn, skin of pineapple, lotus seeds, thai herbs... but when it came to me, i was asked to go drink vodka. Everyone laughed and said I got the best prescription. I checked with Luang Por with regards to the precepts, he said it is fine. This is for medicinal purpose, plus the translator said I got permission from a monk... Lolz, so i guess I'm gonna drink vodka for the first time in years...

Following that, went to an Ethiopian restaurant with David to have dinner. The food was Reaaalllly delicious... And they serve everything in one large plate with no utensils. Really cool! Last time I went there with him was a year ago when I was dropping by the area. Time flies...


Pic 1: Check out the shape of the candle
Pic 2: Ethiopian Cuisine! Yummy...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaa, vodka?? XD Don't get drunk, big brother!!

Jason Tseng said...

Hmm... what an interesting day. This guys sounds like a super-healer you been looking for. I hope it helped your back. Hahaha, nice reference to the Babylonian candles (great movie).