Sunday, September 28, 2008

Taoist rituals

So my dad told me to extend my stay... partly to discuss about sch, but mainly, coz he wanted me to go to his temple =.=...

Went to buy flowers for him and I was surprised the flower store lady knew me! Apparently I helped Dm Tsung at a summer camp in singapore abt 4 years ago and one of the kids was probably hers. Ok... its really a small small world...

Chinese folk taoism is a really interesting religion. With all the gods, mediums, customs and superstitions. Today was the day they receive the 9 emperor gods into the temple, by bringing their statues to the river and then carrying them back on sedans that rock violently once the spirit is believed to be in the sedan.

Its a grand affair, with decorated vehicles leading the way and all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks so cool!! The boat reminds me of Spirited Away :D