Sunday, October 05, 2008

Scary world

Sheltered by monastery walls, I grew up thinking all was easy
Stepping out into the world, I was blown around by the eight winds...

Prority. When you make a choice, you give up another...
Life's all about choices...
How do you know that the choice you make will be the right one?
Knowing only after it has been made is too late...

I guess I can understand why hermits chose to be hermits
But I also understand why some people choose to drown themselves in the world.

I had the choice... to step back into the monastery walls... but will that be considered as escapism? I dunno...

I choose to return to the world... to live in the maelstrom of existence...
Now... I must prepare,
For the storm that awaits beyond...
awaiting for my arrival...

(蘇摩嚧波)
愛人不親顧其仁
禮彼弗答敬未真
迴光反照求諸己
感應道交莫迷神

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exactly how I feel. I copy and pasted it onto my own blog, hope you don't mind.
Just the perfect words.