Thursday, November 27, 2008

Day 14 - Taipei


Took the bullet train back to Taipei today (NT$185). Managed to catch the off peak ticket and it was only 20 minutes from Hsin Ju to Taipei instead of the normal 1 hour 40 min train ride. The taipei train station schedule board is crazy. I wonder how anyone ever knows what train to take... Checked into the Taipei Hostel. Small place, but pretty cozy. The people there are really fun. Students from all over the world - Japan, Malaysia, Canada, Hong Kong, Sweden, Germany... all doing the same thing like me - seeing the world, traveling about with no fixed plans in mind. Pretty cool. And the ang mohs all know abit of chinese. So it was quite cool conversing to everyone in chinese.


Tried meeting up with Christina but unfortunately she was busy, so I wondered about taipei myself. Walked quite alot today. Hopefully its enough to burn all the weight I've gained over the past few days. Went to the SIA building to extend my ticket, went to the Taipower building, went to Xi Men Ding, walked all the way back to the hostel and basically explored the area around. So on tuesday I 泡泡泡,today I walk walk walk.

Went back to the hostel at about 11pm and just chilled with everyone else. And the malaysia group bully me sia... coz when they tok english i understand, then they talk mandarin I also understand, then the use hokkien i also understand then cantonese, I also understand... then finally they came out with the ultimatum - all malay... I tatau (don't understand)... Lolz, but they were all very fun people! They're actually a group of teachers traveling together to relieve stress from all the si gina (evil kids)... lolz. So I told them then I am gonna go try apply to be a teacher as well! And they all said i'll fit in more as student... =.=....

Everyone is very fun to hang out with thou. And as the night went on, people started retiring to their rooms one by one. I stayed on and chatted with Jia Luan till about 3am. Too bad they're flying off tml le. But this time i got get msn! She's a thai-chinese. Not bad hor... Come taiwan get to know taiwan girls, malaysia girls, thai-chinese girls... lolz... ehem... must set things right... my intention was to see temples one k... the girls... are a bonus. =P

No comments: