Sunday, November 30, 2008

Day 17 - Becoming Taiwanese

My Sg sim card died on me today. So now I have to depend on my Taiwan sim card. If anyone needs to reach me, my number is +886 983208349. Guess the longer I stay, the more Taiwanese I'm becoming. Already dressing up like them, now my phone's converted as well. I almost became a Taiwanese citizen 4 years back. No, its not bcoz of marraige. It was a job proposal that offered very high pay but requires me to give up my citizenship. In return, I'll get taiwanese citizenship. But I refused it and came back to do NS instead. Now i'm jobless =.=... Oh wellz... but i'm enjoying my life. Heez


Christina brought me to Taipei 101 today. The tallest building in Taiwan - 101 levels! And we went up all the way to the 89th floor. Took us only 35 seconds to get up! Really fast. View was beautiful as well. But NT$400 for entry is a lil ex...


This huge dome is the key behind the height of the building. They call it damper baby. It weights 660 tonnes and shifts its weight accordingly during strong winds and earthquakes, preventing the building from collapsing. Impressive. My lunch bowl was just as huge. Lolz


Took the Mrt to 後山站 and went to 五分埔. This is like the bugis village of singapore i guess... just that its bigger... and u can bargain alot. But too bad I dun really know how to bargain... Oh, and the 臭豆腐 here is really good! Not that smelly and very crispy! Finally found a good store. Went back to Richard Huang's house. Really thankful to this friend. I just got to know him 3 days ago, and he's let me stay at his house for all 3 days le. RUnning low on cash.. about time to go home

Looked after the baby for a while at night while Richard went to pick his wife up. The baby just slept soundly throughout. Really really easy to take care. And the 2 puppies too! Lolz...All so cute!

1 comment:

sweejen瑞真 said...

so enjoy la u!
still at taiwan。
enjjoy ur lifetime at taiwan ya!