Saturday, January 31, 2009

Monash Universty

Oh my god, guess what? I was looking through my mail today and I got the Big Envelope from Monash University! I got offered a place in Monash University to do my Masters! Wow... how... should I? Australia?



At night, my dad got me vip seat tickets to the Singapore annual Chingay parade! I think the word Chingay is a hokkien word representing 春節 or something like that. I was sitting in the same row as the President, Prime minister and the other ministers of Singapore! It was a night of colors and music. A street masquerade displaying the various cultural groups in Singapore. We had floats from Japan, Indonesia, Thailand, Korea, America, India, Malaysia, Phillipines, China and other local societies and schools participating.



The final performance was of a man being set on fire on the center stage. Live execution in front of everyone man! Lolz. After he was totally burnt to the ground, the drum rolled and he suddenly appeared once again on the highest point of the building and flew down to the ground. Spectacular!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoaaa :D

Congrats!?!