Monday, August 17, 2009

Childhood friends

I remember I had a childhood friend from Thailand way back when I was like 5. My dad was in Thailand doing some business then, and so I hung out with the local kids. Despite not knowing each other's language, we had lots of fun! That's the only reason why I remembered. Like for example, the gold leaves that was supposed to be placed onto the Buddha statues? Yeah... we took it and pasted it all over ourselves. Much to the displeasure of the adults I guess. Lolz...

Then I had a pen pal from South Africa when I was 12, and I lost contact with him too. We met when I was traveling through India then. In a christmas play, I was chosen to act as Jesus, and he was chosen to act as one of the saints. Lolz

Then I had lots of pen pals from Japan when I was 14. We used to write letters to each other all the time. Until the invention of the internet which destroyed it all. The anticipation of receiving an envelop with foreign stamps in the mail box no longer exists.

People come, and people go. How many of them really stay? But to those who have stayed on through the years, I'm really thankful that we're still in contact. And since coming back, I've been meeting more and more of my childhood friends... Classmates from first grade in primary school. Lets get together sometime yah?

No comments: