Thursday, December 20, 2007

USA and Japan

So I finally arrived in US, and what better way to spend it than to have lunch with Rev. Heng Sure! Great vegan dishes & guitar sing along! Took a power nap at the monastery before having dinner with Lucy, John, Sandy and Gwenneth, who's an internationally famous pianist. How cool! Had cookies and tea after at Teance with Rev. Heng Sure and a crowd of 20 plus in the evening. So that was day 1! Assimilating back again.

Dropped by sch, but the counselor was out... and i've yet to get a place, so am currently crashing at a friend's place. Heard from many that the place where my sch's at is pretty dangerous, with stray bullets and all... gheez... scary...

Japan was pretty fun, other than my elder sister's occasional mood swings. Got to learn how to travel on the railways and practice my Jap alot. Even made 4 australian friends on the 1st day i was there!
Visited lots of temples and shrines and also all the local streets. Ran away a few times to explore the city myself too.. lolz

Also had dinner with lots of my father's Japanese customers and i was surprise that i can actually understand most of what they say! Cool. Thing is, they like to smoke and drink alot and all my clothes smell of tobacco now. Sigh...

That was not all, they brought me night club hopping too, visit all those ktv clubs... gheez... and becoz i was the youngest, they were like piling money to get me the prettiest girl to accompany me... they went a little too far when they were asking me to bring the girl out to the hotel... which means... u know... and my dad couldn't do anything as these were important customers. But of course i didn't... I must say the girls are very pretty thou... and i got a kiss from the top girl of the club! lolz... But yah... i know my limits.

Then it was disney land... with all the dolls and rides... something about the place just makes u feel happy... think its all those smily faces of Mickey and friends! Thou i think the actual person behind the mask must be sweating like hell... Lolz

Kz... really tired after so much... need to settle fast... Time's running out...schools starting soon... N i have no car, no home, no cell phone, no nothing... lolz... We'll see... Things always work out in their own ways...

No comments: