Wednesday, April 09, 2008

April's Fool...

Life has been pretty crazy for me since April 1st...April Fool's Day... It was my first day of school and on my way there, I got into a pretty bad car accident... so bad that the car had to be towed away. What's even more crazy is that I just signed to cancel the insurance the night before and then the accident happens. There is no way that this can be a coincidence... it is just all too well planned out... The fool's journey is just beginning...

Been suffering from the whiplash of the accident since then, getting all kinds of healing from acupuncture ,to tuina ,to chiropractor, to qigong masters, and just resting alot at home... Although it is sad to see my car go... I guess I must still thank my lucky stars that I am still alive with no major injuries after crashing another car twice at 65 mph (105km/hr).

Got a rental car and the very 1st day that I was driving it, I got a parking ticket... Some of my friends say I must have some real bad karma going on there... yet I didn't see it that way. Its weird but something in me told me that it was karmic debts that had to be paid. It was due...

The weekend became better as I went to study with a chinese physician in Petaluma who allowed me to have my 1st hands on practice on a patient. The patient's feedback was that I was good with my hands and that gave me validation on my choice to be a healer...

The light at the end of the tunnel finally came on Sunday April 6th... On this day, I got to meet a sage... A person with wisdom that I will say is beyond this world. Luang Por Jumnian, a highly venerated thai monk was visiting the area and giving a talk. And because I was injured and had no car to run about, I decided to go to the monastery to sit in. There was over a hundred people squeezed into the tiny lecture hall of BBM. Luang Por lectured from 9am to 5pm, pausing only for an hour at noon for lunch before continuing his dharma talks. Despite over 8 hours of lecturing, and carrying over 120 lbs (60kg) worth of things worn around his robe, at age 71, it was amazing that he was still full of energy at the end of the day and always wearing that big smile of his.

By 5:30pm, the crowd had cleared out and Luang Por was sitting in the dharma seat with just 2 or 3 lay people left when I went up to him to ask some questions. And there, kneeling on the floor before him, with the help of a translator, he answer so many doubts that I have always had in my mind and found no one to answer. It was more than 2 hours later when he finally said it was time that he should be leaving as the driver had been waiting all the while and it was a long journey back. Although he gave me a ritualistic blessing during the day, I felt that this was the true blessing of the day. The 2 hour private session, and the wisdom light that he illuminated my mind with...

It almost felt like this session was specially to answer my doubts... as of the hundreds of people that came today, the only 2 people who were from BBM was Sandy and myself. And yet, despite holding his talks at their place up north in Spirit Rock Center all the while, he specially came down on this day and choose to speak in BBM.

And it seems like I had to have that accident in order to make me slow down and stop for this opportunity... to clear that load of karma for the various cause and conditions to come together and result in this meeting. And as for my car... the money issue is yet to be solved... heart ache... yet somehow, i think everything will work out fine in the end... Strange indeed, strange indeed... the ways of the unknown... yet my heart is set at ease... the fool's journey has begun....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BROTHERRRR! I'm just so glad you're okay!! Sounds like you really had some tough luck lately, but I know that if you don't let these incidences overcome you and you learn from them, you will become stronger - "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger", right? XD

I'm glad you figured our some of your doubts; doubts can be very troubling! Take care of yourself, alright? And yeah, we all have karmic debts to repay :(

Anonymous said...

Sorry about this accident. Glad you came out safe and sound. The sound hearing Guan Yin must have heard your cry and protected you dearly.

Now, as far as karmic debts is concerned, I would not get to that territory yet without first having to examine one issue that Buddha emphasized on greatly, that is, MINDFULNESS. What was your state of mind during those days that you said were unlucky? I wondered if MINDFULNESS has been an important part of your experience in life. Another question I'd like to ask is maybe the accident can be avoided if the mind is not involved in false thinking?

Please excuse me for those blunt questions. But I want to know the cause of it. I believe if we can sincerely probe the in's and out's, from's and to's, the causes and effects of everything, we can find an answer and life can be experienced without too much suffering. Maybe we can learn from the wisdom of the Buddha and marching on with life happily.

Than you.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about this accident. Glad you came out safe and sound. The sound hearing Guan Yin must have heard your cry and protected you dearly.

Now, as far as karmic debts is concerned, I would not get to that territory yet without first having to examine one issue that Buddha emphasized on greatly, that is, MINDFULNESS. What was your state of mind during those days that you said were unlucky? I wondered if MINDFULNESS has been an important part of your experience in life. Another question I'd like to ask is maybe the accident can be avoided if the mind is not involved in false thinking?

Please excuse me for those blunt questions. But I want to know the cause of it. I believe if we can sincerely probe the in's and out's, from's and to's, the causes and effects of everything, we can find an answer and life can be experienced without too much suffering. Maybe we can learn from the wisdom of the Buddha and marching on with life happily.

Than you.

Unknown said...

daaaaaaaaaaarn i saw your msn name and i thought crap i gotta check his blog! your car looks like a mess:(!!!! poor guy:( hope that you're alright:) cool that you got to meet Luang Por Jumnian, don't really know who he is but he sounds great!