Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Bowing Ceremony 3

Finally back from the cttb once again. This time, I had a really enjoyable time up there. For the bowing ceremony, the various tunes that we bow to made time go by really quickly. Thou my legs were aching much more this time, whenever we started bowing, it fades away naturally...

Day 1 (Fri), stayed to chat with my bro Jaycas online and finally made it up to cttb for the afternoon session. When I got there, Frank immediately said to me "you're late!" Lolz... it was hilarious... the way he said it. Hahz.

During the bowing, I was thinking about a question Denyse asked me several weeks ago, about what attracted me so much to keep going to the temple... I didn't have the answer then... but now I know... It is the people that kept me going back all these years.... the smiles that always greet me whenever I'm up there, the sincerity and generosity that I have been shown... up there, we're like a really big family...

At night, watched movies with the boys school - "cloverfield." It wasn't that good... and we didn't even finish it as Mr. K busted them for not watching the movie he assigned..

Day 2 (Sat), was sitting with Charlie during lunch when Sunny, my fellow singaporean bro, comes up to where I was sitting and shows me that really sad face saying "you pang seh me... (u abandoned me)" Lolz... it looked so cute! Lolz... At night, Charlie accompanied me to study and in return I followed him to the last ceremony of the day thou I was a little unwilling as I still had lots to study. But I guess something cool came out of that. While walking back, we saw an owl. It was my 1st time seeing a real owl and it flew over our heads several times.

Day 3 (Sun), after all the bowing sessions, went for study hall in the boys school and did a bit of my homework. Mr K. popped by and after helping Andrew with his maths, said aloud "Anyone else needs help, and I'm saying this sarcastically!" And he was referring to me.. lolz... thats Mr. K for you, with his British humor. Didn't get much done thou as Victor kept talking to me the whole while though I don't think I heard a word he said... =P... Sorriez bro.. And halfway, Navin suddenly started pinching my cheeks saying I'm so pinchable! And he's like 10 years younger than me man! And Sunny steps in to say "Hey!沒大沒小..." and then adds "you think you are me ah?" and pinches the other side! I thought he was on my side! Sobz... I kena bullied by kids...

Oh wellz, so this is my bro Sunny. If you had watched kids central several years ago, you might remember him. He used to be one of the young actors there. But now that he's in USA, I guess we share something in common, being Singaporeans who live in USA, leading 2 different lives. That is why everytime I come up, all we do is speak in Singlish and reminiscence about the good ole days in Singapore, and laugh about its idiosyncrasies. And every night, he walks me all the way back to my room before going back to his which is like just 2 mins away... lolz... So sweet...hahaz... but I really appreciate it. Thanks Bro! =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaaa, I KNOW! We even write the same!! XD

But seriously, it's the people and the atmosphere that draws me to the monastery too :)

Anonymous said...

We're related even more because Sunny is my god-brother! XD

Imprezzionist said...

He is!? Hahz! That's so cool! We're One big happy family! Heez... =D