Monday, May 12, 2008

Buddha's Birthday

Arrived Cttb at 0100am. Fortunately the gates were not locked and Ben was still up so I managed to crash in his room. Woke up at 6 am for breakfast and the 3 steps 1 bow at 7. And then David shows up and we went for the bathing the buddha ceremony together. From the boys school, only Jacky and Alex were with me from the start. As the ceremony progressed, the rest started to trickle in one by one. You could see that they just woke up. They had a long day yesterday afterall. During lunch, i was assigned to watch the utensil and trash area by Mr. K. Funny thing is that its the same job that I used to do every year during Buddha's Birthday. I was glad to receive the duty though, as it meant that Mr. K takes me as one of the students now. Hung around till about 4pm before finally heading back home.

Pic 1: The Buddhas before the crowd came in.
Pic 2: Charlie and David bathing the buddha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a lot of funn! :) And hahaaa, I tend to get that job now that I'm an alumni...XD

Jason Tseng said...

Yes, I notice you do that every year too. You have the most resigned look on your face....