Sunday, July 20, 2008

Avalokitesvara's Enlightenment Day

Another pretty busy weekend, stayed over at the monastery and left for Cttb early sunday morning to attend the celebration for Guan Yin Bodhisattva's Enlightenment Day. After attending the ceremonies, went to hang out with Steven, Andrew, Ben, Michael, David. Got to see some of the summer camp students there too! By mid-afternoon, temperatures were about 88 degrees Fahrenheit... scorching. So we all crowded by the white lion statue in from of the Buddha hall to seek shelter from its shadow... it was our "family tree" (In reference to Rev. Heng Sure's song, "The family tree").

Also called my mom to wish her a Happy Birthday! Sorry I couldn't be there... Will be back real soon thou! Sent an sms to my bro Aaron as well... really miss our regular late night supper sessions at the near by prata store! When I get back... that's gonna be the first thing I do! Lolz.

No comments: