Tuesday, January 27, 2009

初一,初二



First and second day of new year has been fun. Lots of goodies as always, and lots of food that I don't even dare to check the weighing machine now.

Day 1 - My relatives all came to my house for vegetarian lunch, and the event was started off by loud celebrations by our lion dance troupe. Following that we went over to my grandfather's place to give our new year wishes. Then I went to my maternal grandmother's side where I got to meet all my uncles who are just 1 or 2 years older than me. In our younger days, we didn't use to have much to talk to each other, but now, its like the meeting of good friends again. It was really fun hanging out there. 1st and 7th grand auntie were there as well. And 7th grand auntie asked if I wanted to go to Tibet with her in May... hmmmz... tempting... another destination to my world expeditions? Lolz. Went over to my god mum's place last to give my wishes before finally returning home.



Day 2 - Woke up really early to go over to my grandfather's place to help out. There was a "presenting of robes" ceremony to some 16 monks. My grandfather holds this every year to transfer merit to our ancestors. I stayed back to help clean up till about 3pm. Finally got to take a picture with both my grandparents as well! Pity my camera phone's quality ain't that good. After fetching my grandma home, went to Gerald's place to offer wishes and stayed on for a game of blackjack. Guess i'm really not the gambling kind. By sitting there, i gave luck to everyone except myself. So everyone was so happy that i was there especially his mom, lolz. Oh wells, although I didn't win, at least everyone is happy at the end of the day. Thats the biggest win =)

2 comments:

:D said...

happy new year mokkun! dang! sounds like you had one blast of a new years... and LUCKY BUMS! you going on explorations! i wanna come!

Anonymous said...

Lucky bum - you get to celebrate CNY for more than a day!! One of the best things about being in an asian country, eh? XD

Happy New Year :)