Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Lunar New Year!

New Year's Eve, I had lunch at home, then went over to my maternal grandma's house for second lunch. Then I went home and completed the translation of the first chapter Shr Fu's Yao Xing Fu! Finally! Lolz. Following that, went to my god-mum's house for reunion dinner and got to meet all my god-siblings and god-cousins! Lolz. Was supposed to be at my family's reunion dinner as well but there's no vegetarian food there, so I skipped out on it.



Headed over to Bright Hill Monastery for yet another reunion dinner. Was invited by 耀空師. Hung out at his dorm till midnight where 耀空師 shared with me his reasons for leaving the home life. It was a story that was both funny and sad at the same time. Then we headed down at midnight for the ceremony which includes ringing the big bell, then reciting the Shurangama, great compassion and the ten small mantras, and then praises to Maitreya Bodhisattva followed by universal bowing. I stayed till 1:30am before leaving. Surprisingly, there were still many people when I left. I guess its a great start to the new year! Counting down in the monastery! Heeheez... Happy Lunar New Year Everyone! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Lunar New Year :D