Friday, January 23, 2009

Lament of the Wovles

This morning, I was was woken up at 6am by a long howl through the night. It was from my sister's Siberian husky. I listen to it and understood the feelings that he was trying to convey. Unable to put it into words, but i knew it was a lament. I checked out a website as to the reasons for howling and this was what it said:

" The noisy puppy at night is simply lonely. He needs to be near his "pack," which is you in this case. He needs reassurance that you are "permanent." It important to establish yourself as the head of the pack, or alpha, very early. By establishing yourself as the leader of the pack early, your dog will learn to respect you and look to you for guidance and will know where the boundaries for acceptable behavior lie"

I guess after reading Twilight, it has made it so much more easier to understand this "pack" ideology. Oh wellz, perhaps i'll try being the Alpha for a while... So I got up and brought snowy for a jog. More like a run instead, and brushed his hair and all. Then came back for a shower before heading out to meet Jeffrey for breakfast at Chinatown. Then we headed to Bukit Gombak to pass some things to Wendy's parents but they were not in. Fortunately I bumped into her brother in the streets. How convenient. Heez. Then we went to Choa Chu Kang to hang out. Then to Bukit Batok to meet up with Geraldine for a lunch/dinner kind of thing. Just hung out till about 7pm before heading home. At night, I accompanied my grandmother to watch a taiwanese drama about Taiwan's folklore and myths. It was all in taiwanese so I had to explain the story to my grandmother. It was fun. I had a full but wonderful day. =)

No comments: