Saturday, February 07, 2009

Dreams do come true

Here's the update on what's been happening in my life: Food, food and more food...

Thursday night, I was invited to dinner by the group of people that I went to Taiwan with. All the heads of the various Taoist temples in Singapore. I had my personal set of 8 course vegetarian meal. Filling...

Friday, I submitted the application for my Australia school, went money changer hunting for my upcoming Australia trip, checked out tickets for my China trip, collect some package to be delivered to Australia, then met Jaycas and Alan who treated me to a huge vegetarian meal after. 5 big dishes just for the 3 of us.

Saturday, I was treated to lunch at a vegetarian restaurant by Jessie. The very beautiful taiwanese girl whom I acted as a tour guide to her and her mom when they visited the US last year. We had about 5 big dishes as well! I'm sooo bloated. After that, met up with Andre for coffee, his treat as well. Been a month since he entered army and this is the first time meeting him since then. All the stories makes you feel nostalgic. Thanks for all the treats guys...

I also turned down a job offer today. It was great to get a job offer at such economic times. However, it requires me to give up my China trip and that has been something which I have been dreaming of since I was 12. To scale the 4 holy mountains of China, to see the hanging temple... I chose to fulfil my childhood dreams over earning money. Its a sacrifice, but how often do you get such opportunities to travel with monks and see all 4 mountains in 1 trip?...

Dreams do come true... it only depends on whether you are willing to sacrifice and pay the price to have it fulfilled. As far as I can... I shall live my dreams...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rock on, bro :)