Friday, March 27, 2009

Day 11 普陀山


It rained the entire day today thus making it difficult to take any photos. Pu Tuo Mountain has basically become a tourist destination flooded with tour flags and cameras. Incense smoke and cigarette smoke is mixed in the air. It wasn't what I expected. Too crowded for my liking.

Fan Ying Dong, the cave where many people said they miraculously saw Guan Yin Bodhisattva's apparition is unfortunately under renovation. I really don't understand what can be renovated about that? Perhaps because some people didn't get to see Guan Yin so they're building a holographic Guan Yin now. Lolz. I don't know. It was quite disappointing though. But then I guess we can still count ourselves lucky for making it into Pu Tuo for all the ferry services from Shanghai is cancelled tomorrow due to level 9 winds from the Eastern Sea. Great... Now we're stuck in Pu Tuo with no Guan Yin to see...

No comments: