Thursday, June 18, 2009

Philanthropic wind

Been feeling a lil philanthropic today. Joined the "Give shelter, save a life" cause on facebook. Basically for every person you invite who successfully joins the cause, Microsoft will donate $1. So I've raised $5 so far. Small in amount but I'm sure it'll mean something someday somewhere in the world. Lolz. Support! Support!

Was rushing about in town today. Got my back temporarily fixed for the 3 day Chan session starting tml. Then bought my Jap dictionary and some law books to prepare for my internship. Met up with my banker, got some fashion advice from him as well. Lolz... thanks! Really an all-round banker. Includes not only financial advice, but fashion as well. Lolz.

Was walking thru town and passed by this old grandma sitting on wheelchair selling tissue papers. Its always so sad to see elderly having to come out to earn a living for themselves. So although I never use tissue packets, I just bought 6 packets from her and received this extremely beautiful smile back in return.

Monastery - did Shurangama scroll 7. This is the part with the mantra. Was really low on energy from running all over but the moment the mantra section came, I was fully charged again! Really miss the 4am morning ceremonies in Cttb...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm sure morning recitation misses you too xD