Thursday, January 28, 2010

Save me from the shadow

I walk in the silent forest, and look up to the trees,
The gentle giants standing, and swaying in the breeze.
I searched for a beam of light, that which i can't live without,
But all I see are shadows, the canopies keeping it out.
How long have I been wandering, in this darkness all alone,
Life seems to be at a standstill, yet Death never condones.
I feel the light fading, from my eyes and from my soul,
Every second is escaping, Time never stops it's flow.
I need to find an opening, to see the great bright sky,
To let the eye of heaven, bless me with its light.
To wash the shadows of the past, and awaken the spirit within,
And remind me of the reasons that led me so deep in.
Into the darkened forest where my journey first began,
Its time for me to wake up from this ever dreamy land.
I called out into the darkness, and listened for an answer,
I hear the bounds of echoes, leading to different corners.
I close my eyes and listen, to hear the many hellos,
And try to pick the right one, that will save me from the shadows....

No comments: