Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Parting...

Postponed my wisdom tooth operation today... So that i can enjoy Deepavali celebrations! hahz... got invited to one of my sergeant's house to celebrate.
Also, submitted my name for the US diversity lottery today... If i get it, it means I'll get a green card... Hopefully I'll get it too... Its the next step up from my F-1 visa. Pray for me!

Also... pray for my friend! Just spoke to my good friend Samuel Teo and learnt that he is just recovering from a real bad car accident where he was hospitalized for quite a while... Seems like lots of accidents happening on the roads these days... Better start driving safe now... Hopefully he'll soon be fully recovered and up and running agian!

Been real busy lately balancing work, research, applications, packing my house and catching up with friends. Its always sad to leave a place knowing that it'll be quite some time before you come back again. THere's an opportunity cost to everything - by choosing to go to the US, i think the greatest cost is giving up the time which i can spend with my family and close friends in Singapore... But everyone has their own path to walk, and i know by doing this, I'm creating my own... And some sacrifices indefinitely have to be made.

But i promise thou, that i'll try and grow along this journey, and return a stronger and better person.

To my friends who take the time off just to spend some time with me, truly I thank you all... for making this sacrifice on your part.

No comments: