Saturday, November 03, 2007

The Story behind my Birth...

Today was a busy day for me, rushing all over town... Went to PS to get my bank things settled, went back to the US fortress, and once again, the sky was dark and it was pouring... Gives you that image like in the movies, everytime u see the haunted castle, there's bound to be rain, thunder and lightning... yeah... thats what i got. Hahz. But.... I got my Passport and the visa!!! Hahaz.. was so happy to see the visa! Hahaz!Then went over to Cityhall, to open my trading account... Rushing here, rushing there... By the time it ended it was already 1600 hours before i got to have my lunch.

While driving back home, i decided to make a detour to a place.... a place that perhaps held significan't meaning to my life, but i have never been to before... I have passed this place many times, but just never took the time to stop by... And i felt perhaps, today was the day, since its gonna be another boring friday night after all. Hahz... THis place is the Church of Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary... This is the place that held a story behind my birth.... Legend has it that.... hahaz... okiez... wrong starting... Erm... Don't really know how to put it, but i just found it out recently also...

As you all know, i have 3 sisters... Well, after my 1st sister, my mom wanted a boy, so one day, she stopped by the statue of virgin mary at this specific place and prayed... And a few weeks later... I appeared in her womb... yupz... Thats the catholic story behind my birth... there's a buddhist one too... I shall save that.. hahz.

But this was not the only significance of the place. It was also the place where my parents first met each other, and also the place where my mother returned to after they separated. When my parents divorced, and my mom had to move out, she told me that for the first few months, she had frequent nightmares for she had never lived alone in her life before... And so she gradually started to go back to this place, sometimes even camping out in front of mother mary in the wee hours of the morning. It gave solace to her heart and peace to her mind...


As I stood in front of Mary, I understood what she meant... I felt like all my troubles were pushed out of the gate at that moment, and there was nothing else in between us, just mother and child.... There was tranquility in the moment. Its hard to describe the feeling... It just felt like.... felt like...felt like I've finally returned home.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! CONGRATS ON GETTING YOUR VISA!
I'm happy for you:) Hope to see you in the U.S. some day:)