Thursday, March 20, 2008

Memory Lane

So the opening ceremony was boring... but I really enjoyed the time spent with my cousins on the road. Been a while since we really hung out together like this, just us boys alone... Heard this song over the radio from American Tales, "Somewhere out there" and that brought back so many memories to us... watching all the 80's cartoons like captain planet, gummy bears, smurf, ninja turtles, american tales, land before time, transformers, x-men... And about how we used to climb into the drains to catch fish and get scolding by our parents afterwards, and how we got all our toys from the only toy store in town which was toy'r'us at forum in orchard road, the toys we wanted most but never got... and the painful moment when we had to let go of those toys... and about all our other childhood dreams... Really nostalgic...

After that Ben went back to San Ramon and we continued to hang out at my sis's place. Just Marcus, Andrei and I and we chatted about everything all the way till past midnight. It was more than 12 hours of hanging out together... reminiscing about our past 20 years growing up together which has passed in the blink of an eye...

Also learn that wan'er is coming down to town... and they're gonna hang out together... the girl that I had a crush on through elementary and high school Lolz... so they asked me if i wanted to come along... its been really long since I last talked to her... and it would be nice to get to know her again... but I've already had plans to go up to Cttb to meet my current friends... I think its cool to walk down memory lane like this once in a while... but there is no point in dwelling in the past... what's past is past... so i chose to move forward and face the great path lying in front of me. Taking only an occasional glance at the past that I've left behind...

Back in the days.... and now... the changes of time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*HOORAY*

It totally works now!!! CONGRATZ!

You indeed do not look like you do now... but your sister behind you totally looks like Julia when she was little mwhuahaha!

(it really is J.)

Keep up the good entertainment!

Anonymous said...

!!! I don't even know which one is Jonathan so I can't respond to that, but hahaha :)

Dude, it seems like you watched a lot of tv!! Lucky Andrew, he watched and watches so much tv and yet he has perfect vision. HMPH. He must be the black sheep in the family, eh? XD

Glad the comment thingy works!