Monday, April 14, 2008

Radio station

Woke up at 6am today and went with Sandy to follow Rev Heng Sure to the radio station. He was there for a radio interview with KGO that was broadcasted live, telling stories and answering questions people have over the air. There you have it, Buddhism 101 in mainstream radio! Its always so wonderful to listen to all the stories from his experiences with Master Hsuan Hua.

Went with him to another branch monastery for a short meeting before going back to Berkeley monastery for lunch. Finally got back home around 4pm. By then, my body was so tired that I just collapsed on my bed, and yet my room's door was open and my mind wanted to close the door, yet my body was too tired to move. It was an interesting body-mind moment. The mind wants to do something, yet the body wants to do something else. And just that moment, the wind closed the door for me. Thank you wind! Lolz.

I fell asleep with the warm and bright sun shining over the valley and an hour later, i woke up to see my entire neighborhood engulfed in the pacific fog and a cold icy wind blowing instead of the friendly warm wind an hour ago. It was as if I had woken up into a different world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, the weather was indecisive today! Here in SD it was just hot in general - I got sunburnt :(

Those stories are just timeless :)

Anonymous said...

Hi brother :)

Sorry, I thought that Andrew was coming home last weekend but I guess not :(

Imprezzionist said...

Hey sister!

Hahz.. no probz. Mom told me about it. I'll be seeing him this weekend anyway! Going up to the city. Heez