Sunday, August 24, 2008

Random mumblings

Alice came back today from visiting her family in Japan. And Yumiko was here too! Finally I get real human beings to practice my Japanese.. been practicing with my mirror all the while.. Lolz! But my Japanese has improved tremendously over the years! So much so that we could even hold the conversation entirely in Japanese! All thanks to my animes! Lolz... See... I wasn't wasting my time when I watch anime...

Lecture today was interesting.. we talked about the 5 major fears! They are:
1) 死畏: The fear of death
2) 無活畏: The fear of no livelihood
3) 三惡道畏: The fear of the 3 evil destinies (Hell, Hungry Ghosts, Animals)
4) 惡名畏: The fear of having a bad reputation (losing face)
5) 大眾威德畏: The fear of the assembly
So which is your biggest fear? Hehez...

Also talked about a story of one of the participants of veggie fest and how his family became vegetarians. They were having a holiday in Mexico, took the wrong turn, and entered a live slaughter house, and the whole family puked on the spot and immediately turned vegetarian! What a good vacation that was! Good for the animals! Lolz. If I see all those animals hanging with their innards out, I probably will puke and turn vegetarian too! wait... I'm already one.. Lolz... Oh wellz... Plus I guess i've seen worst.. in my human anatomy lab... Lolz...

No comments: