Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Goodbye speech

Went back to the City of Ten Thousand Buddhas for the Guan Yin Session on Saturday... And everytime I go there, it always fills my heart with happiness to see all the familiar faces light up and break into smiles the moment we meet. The hugs and warm welcome also makes me feel so much at home and makes going up to the city my greatest joy in living in the united states...

Met Rev. Heng Sure last night too, and when he heard the news, we arranged an immediate meeting today to talk things through.... I thank you for spending so much time with me, for the concern, and the guidance all these years... I know that it will be best for me if I stay in the states... but I somehow feel that I have to go back... to settle some things in my heart... before I'm ready to take the next step in life...

Had a good talk with Dharma Master Tsung earlier in the day as well. Thanks for understanding the situation and supporting my decision. I shall look forward to you coming to Singapore soon, and shall count on you coming to hunt me down if i ever run away from cultivation.

To all my precious brothers from the Boy's School, to Andrew, Billy, Jackson, Charlie, Tommy, Joe, Ali, Steve, Jim, Tim, Nevin, Jacky, Bill, Alex, Victor ... I'm so sorry to break such sad news to you guys... you guys have been the source of my happiness and it really breaks my heart to leave... but i somehow feel like i need to do it... I'm definitely gonna miss u all but for sure... whenever I can... I'll definitely visit! And make it feel as if I have never left...

Not to forget, my wonderful sister Julia! So sorry that this is such a last minute decision that we didn't even get to say bye in face... And my anime buddy Tammy! And of course... Felix... I won't forget you! Lolz..

And to Sunny and Weiyu... I'll most prob see you 2 in Singapore

Hope I didn't miss out on anyone... =P

Its really tempting to just give up the idea of going back to Singapore... but I think I shouldn't flicker too much with my decisions... my heart feels like it is something that I should do, thou it may not be in my best interests... And in DM Tsungs words, I should go out and see the world first... only then will I be satisfied in my later years... That is why i have decided..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brother :)

I hope you know that we support you in everything you do, decide to do, and will do :)

And yes, I'm sad too that we can't say bye in person, but I know that we will see each other again soon (at least we'd better!!)

I'm going to misssss youuu, brother :( And once Sunny goes back, I'll be Singapore-brotherless here in the states :( BUMMER.

Take care and KEEP IN TOUCH!!

Anonymous said...

"Forever Love" is playing as I go over your lines... it saddens me! I bet saying goodbye wasn't an easy thing to do... I'm positive that you have made the right decision. Only after this, your heart will be at peace, at last. Just be content in knowing that you have friends and family all over the globe who will be there to back you up, whenever needed. You know where to find me! Love you! But don't worry too much. Things will fall into place in the end. Good things happen to good people. No worries!