Thursday, October 16, 2008

Step by Step

I have always wanted to be there for my family and friends,
to lend a shoulder to cry on when they're down,
to lend a listening ear for their troubles,
to just be there, and let them know that it's all gonna be alright,
But sometimes, I just don't know how...
And sometimes, I get lost in transition myself...

I'm like the mud bodhisattva entering a river,
in his attempt to save another, he gets washed away...

Over these past few days, I have been given many advice and words of wisdom... here are some that I feel are really true, and i shall hold to them to last my days through as I go back... (Don't remember the exact words, but this is the gist of it that i got)

For every two steps that you take forward, it is ok to fall one step back.
It is better to progress slowly in this way, than to race all the way to the top and ignore the foundation and then suddenly fall. That fall will be far worst.
You should take the time to see the world, only then in the later years, your heart will be at ease... for u would have seen it all by then, and its really not that different... (Dm Tsung)

There is no need to choose one or the other. Life is not just black or white. How much of it is yourself? And how much of it is from the expectations of society? You must always remember to stay true to your heart and conscience. Be sure that you are living life for yourself, and not because others want you to live it in a certain way. Do things that helps others, that gives back to the world, and I believe you will find happiness... (Rev. Heng Sure)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wise words :)

:D said...

...to be honest, i'm lost for words...

but i really like these words...