Wednesday, December 10, 2008

法喜充滿


Today was the 送僧 ceremony. A ceremony to send off the monks to conclude the end of the session. I was supposed to help carry the lanterns, but I wore the wrong footwear and was not allowed to help. I rushed home to change and rushed back, but it was too late. Alvin then asked me if I wanted to go to the movies, I was tempted since I couldn't carry the lantern anymore, but decided to stay on. It was another pretty grand ceremony and at the end of it, I drove home, dejected...

Just as I got home, 祖永師 called me and told me to get back to the monastery to have dinner! I went back but by the time i got there, dinner was over, and the monks were in a meeting. =.=


I decided to wait till the meeting ended and when 祖永師 found out I have not had dinner, he brought me out to eat! And then I was invited to go to Sentosa with them to watch the Songs of the Sea! It is my 1st time watching it as well, and walking through Vivo City with 38 monks does attract alot of attention. Lolz. And I guess it is also pretty pressurizing to be in a bus with 38 monks - The tour guide kept asking for forgiveness just in case he said something wrong.. lolz. I also got to know 萬意師 and 覺校師 and they invited me to visit their temples in China and Vietnam.


Back at the monastery, 祖永師 and 耀空師 stayed back to chat with me till about 9 plus! They then insisted on walking me back to my car and I said it should be the other way round as they are the dharma masters! Then 耀空師 said "這是我的家欸!你是客人!" And grabbing me by the shoulders, he walked me to the car.. Boh pian... lol

Had a really really fun night in the end. I'm glad I waited... I guess its true when they say that good things come to those who wait... So even though I didn't get to participate in the sending off ceremony, I got to spend an entire night with them. And I think this is much much mUch Better! =)

No comments: