Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Back to Singapore


So I left for Singapore, and at SF airport, guess what I saw? There was an encased book of Harry Potter's "The Tales of Beedle the Bard!" Is this the really really expensive one that has only 7 copies in the world? Argh... I want to read it! Transiting at Japan, the underpass looks as if I was in a space ship. And surprisingly there was no one there. Guess the economy must be really bad. And I got my younger sis a box of maid cookies! It looks so cute. Lolz. And I also increased my blog's font size by a lil. Hope this makes it easier to read. Or does it make no difference? Lolz

Arrived in Singapore in the early morning. Jet lagged, couldn't really sleep. Finally fell asleep at 3pm only to be woken up at 5pm by a call from 耀空師. He had some dharma brothers coming from Taiwan and was wondering if I could pick them up. I got changed and left for the temple, then the airport. Picked up 耀空師, 耀喜師,耀和師 and 藏觀師. At the airport, I also met a whole group of people from the Taoist federation. Some of whom went to Taiwan with me. Seems almost as if there's an interfaith event at the airport! Lolz. I got lost along the way back due to new highways built in Singapore that I was unaware of. Shows how long I've been gone. Finally arrived at the temple around 10. 耀空師 insisted that I stayed for some tea and a bowl of noodles at least for all my trouble, and before I said anything, he was already cooking. When I finished the noodles, the security had already locked the temple gates and left! So in the end, 耀空師 perpared a bed for me and I ended up sleeping in the monk's domitory.


And 耀和師 gave me a bracelet of beads made from Myanmar Jade! So I guess losing my plastic jade beads in Sf paved the way for real jade beads from Myanmar. I guess the saying of 旧的不去,新的不來 holds pretty true. So there is no need to attach to anything. And while I was about travelling, the birds planted a curry leaf plant in my garden for me! Its grown pretty big now. So Tammy! you gotta come to Singapore if you want Singapore curry! Lolz

來來去去,去去來來
旧的不去,新的不來
有來有去, 萬物常變
無來,無去,無代職

Coming and going, going and coming.
If the old does not go, the new does not come.
With coming, with going, the myriad things constantly change.
No coming, no going, nothing is really happening.
~jozhade

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OHHH brother, you do know that "The Tales of Beedle the Bard" is in mass distribution now, right? XD It's like no more than $10 XD

Glad you got back safely!!